Friday, January 22, 2010

New address for Fedora CVS server

I found out that I can not work anymore on my older checkouts from Fedora CVS server. Basically,  when I do a "cvs update" it takes a long time to reply something like:
[giallu@bingo sysprof]$ cvs update
ssh: connect to host cvs.fedora.redhat.com port 22: Connection timed out
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)


Thanks to the nice guys in the #fedora-admin IRC channel, the issue was quickly narrowed down to the move of the CVS server address from cvs.fedora.redhat.com to cvs.fedoraproject.org.

So, in order to fix the issue you've got two ways:
  1. checkout again your modules from the new address
  2. update the CVS/Root file in each subdirectory to use the new address
I choose to do 2, but of course digging for all the Root files and editing them manually was not my idea of "fun"...

So, here is a recipe for updating the Root files with a single command:
[giallu@bingo sysprof]$ grep -lr cvs.fedora.redhat.com * | xargs -I ___ sed -i '{s/cvs.fedora.redhat.com/cvs.fedoraproject.org/g}' ___

No comments:

Post a Comment